So you think she might be pregnant…
Here’s some quick advice that may be of benefit to you right now:
- Listen. The situation involves more than just you.
- There are now three lives to think about.
- Stay Calm. She needs your support now more than ever. She maybe carrying the baby, but you are BOTH parents, and regardless of your relationship in the future, that baby needs you too.
- Talk about it – not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- Gather the facts. Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for you both.
- Express yourself honestly – it’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- Don’t bail. The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- Don’t pressure her. Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. Both of you would do well to work as a team.
- Don’t forget. You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts.
The Malama Pregnancy Center is here to offer help and hope to you as well as your girlfriend. Please call us for a free confidential appointment 808-281-5810.