1) I already bought a pregnancy test from the store. Can I still come in and be tested
Malama Pregnancy Center’s pregnancy testing is free and confidential. You are welcome to make an appointment or visit the pregnancy center Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday from 9:00AM-5:00PM.
2) I had sex last night and I think the condom broke. Can I come in today for a pregnancy test?
The hormones in your body that result in a positive pregnancy test can’t be detected until 9 to 11 days after fertilization. You just need to wait until after that period of time then call or come in, and we’ll provide a test.
3) Can I just come in whenever, or do I need an appointment?
We want to make sure we have a special time set aside to talk with you so it’s usually best to have an appointment. Feel free to stop in if that’s not possible.
4) How long does an appointment last?
We provide a
5) Do I need to bring anything with me to an appointment?
To protect your confidentiality, you’ll need to bring your valid photo ID. A driver’s license or student ID will work.
6) Can I bring a friend with me?
We understand needing friends during times like this. We want to be there for you, too. Feel free to bring someone along. We will meet with you personally at first, to give you the privacy you need for the intake process, but your friend will be able to join you later in the appointment when you feel ready for that.
7) I think I’m pregnant, but I’m on the pill. What should I do?
Even though it’s rare, it is possible to get pregnant on the pill. It’s important to know if you are pregnant, so you should come in for a test.